The Pink Bucket of Death

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Jenn's Going to Fiji!

Hello PBoD Ohana!!!

thank you for your prayers in getting my flight confirmed to go on the 6th of may....and its a full days travel! i arrive in fiji the morning of the 7th. THe center was full and could not house me until the 15th of May. GOd is even providing me housing that is walking distance from the counseling center i will be working at. GOd has even the minor details under control. God has been faithfully sending his provision...i'm not all there yet but I got my airfare of $1471 covered that's for sure!!! YAY GOD!!! That is in less than a week! He certainly provides where He guides us to go!!! He has never failed in proving that to me time and time again.

As you can see, i'm still in the Philippines...i didn't fly out on May one but God always has perfect timing! I'm definitely sure He had his reasons, more now than that day i didn't get to fly out on the 1st of May.

The past couple of days has been quiet hard. I am learning more and more the importance of the part an individual plays in walking in Unity. The fight, perseverance, sacrifice, humility, and openness Unity takes. That there comes a point where fighting as a whole comes to an end and the individual's fight begins enabling the whole to be able to continue to fight. And always the important part that prayer plays!

I have in the past 2 weeks seen 3 students sent home...something that is not the usual for us but i believe was a humbling lesson for us as well. Of the three, two left within the past two days. (the reason why i didn't fly out on May 1). God is always good, faithful and righteous in all He does! Where we as a leadership and we as a school believe we have stood with and done what we could to see the students continue on to outreach but they themselves wasn't willing. The questioning of did i support enough, do what i could to have kept them going, etc...and coming out of that time of praying and examining that I have, we have....with a real peace knowing that even though 3 were sent home...it was not a failure or leaving people behind. I learned that it was a choice that were made by the individuals to pull themselves out. ONe was sent home because of a physical condition that she could not get herself to overcome and continue to be controlled by. Another was just not ready to go. There was such an unwillingness to give of himself, that I could not risk going on an overseas outreach that was not willing to put in to or sacrifice if a time comes where he needed to do it for the team. Outreach is not about us, but all about what God wants to do sacrificing often times to consider one another and others above ourself. THe third had no fear of God in him that he could lie without remorse or repentance not just to others but to the leaders and was looking to relationship with people instead of a relationship with God to benefit self. Reasons they had a choice to overcome but decided to be ruled by. Personally very hard and saddening. Because I had hoped and believed all the way up until they left. Almost feeling the grief that God has when we choose to give up or turn away. I have been challenged above what i feel was my capacity physically, mentally, and spiritually, yet God in His grace trusted in me and He brought it to pass all I had to be was willing. It was a hard week...yet God reminds me of those that still remains and how badly they have fought and are continue to fight to see God's kingdom expand not just in the Philippines and in Malaysia and Thailand. The wisdom, discernment, and understanding I needed to be able to walk through these things with each student and the school as a whole with my staff was no doubt God moving in our midst and proving true that He is with us. In exhaustion i can still smile, thank Jesus and proudly say God is Good all the time.

Please Pray:
The Lokahi DTS...God would bind them together in perfect Unity
Fiji: I will be working with children my first couple of weeks there and to be quiet honest children are not my strength. That's more my sister's arena. But God sure has something up his sleeves. Teaching me and training me for whatever he has in the future. I'm just stoked to be trained in the area of counseling.
With going and going none stop for the past three days, pray for my physical health. Sleep haven't been solid and restful. I have been unusually dry heaving and coughing.
My times with the Lord to be rich times of just breathing Him in...His love and His words filling me up... so I can give more of Him out. Pray that He is seen and glorified in all we do.

Thanks again for your prayers, financial support and most of all your notes and responses. It makes me feel at home and connected!!! God bless!

His Right hand upholds Me,
Jenn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home